Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Curry Cunundrum, Part Duex

I’ll be honest. I don’t think we’re going to be able to eat this three nights in a row, no matter what I do with it. And we actually have quite a few other leftovers in the fridge to get through. So I’ve frozen the remaining curry, but next time we need some curry in a hurry, I plan on turning the last leftovers into curry patties. This particular curry is already pretty mushy. If you’re working with a chunkier variety, use a potato masher to make it patty-ready. If need be, add leftover lentils, potatoes, rice, or breadcrumbs to add bulk.

 And that's how I take a so-so dish and re-vamp is so the leftovers are not only edible, but stuff-your-face worthy. What are your leftover magic tricks?
·   Defrost leftover curry. Mix with flour, adding a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is cohesive enough to form into patties.
·   In a separate bowl, mix ½ cup cornmeal with salt and pepper. Coat patties in cornmeal mixture.
·   Pan fry until golden brown and delicious.
·   Top with Greek yogurt or sour cream. Serve with lentils and a big salad. Or serve on a bun and call it a veggie burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment